- Update 1
- Update 2
- Update 3
- Update 4
- Update 5
- Update 6
- Update 7
- Update 8
- External links
This update went live on March 21, 2014.
- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger are now slightly delayed
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man's Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it's health to full
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
- Auto-Titan wouldn't stand up until you embarked into it
- Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
- Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
- Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
- Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
- Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler's Cove
- Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
- Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
- Player couldn't hack a Mega Turret console
- Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
- Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the Hardpoint
- Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
- Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
- Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
This update went live on April 10, 2014.
- Private Match beta: Players can now use a 2-12 private match. This includes all Game Modes, but not XP will be earned. All players can select the option, and matches take place on the Xbox Live Dedicated Servers.
- Party Colors: Party members and their Titans show up on the mini-map with green colors. Their names are also shown in green on the HUD.
- Auto-Titan Color in Obituary: Your auto-titan's name shows in gold in the obituary.
- Removed Wall-hack Exploit: PC cheaters were able to modify their local configuration files to enable a sort of wall-hack cheat using legit game code. This has been removed.
- Menu Changes: "Play Classic" is now "Play Multiplayer" and the top option at the lobby menu, if you've completed both the IMC and Militia campaigns.
- Game Version on Main Menu: The main menu now displays the game's version at the bottom-left corner.
- Party App Shortcut in Menus: Added a shortcut on all menus that opens the Xbox One's "Party" app by pressing Left Trigger on the controller, similar to the existing Right Trigger shortcut that invites friends. You can then press 'B' to close it when you're done, or leave it up.
- The Gooser Challenge: Based on recent feedback from fans of the game, the Gen 5 challenge requirement 'Gooser', requiring players to kill 50 ejecting pilots, will be reduced to 5 total.
- 40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag: The mag size was making the weapon too powerful. It's been reduced from 20 to 12, and the extended mag is reduced from 25 to 16.
- Titan Quad Rocket damage vs Titan shields and magazine change: Quad Rocket damage against Titan Shields has been increased. Magazine size has also increased from 5 to 6. The 'Rapid Fire' Mod's mag size is going up from 16 to 18.
- Amped Kraber Titan damage change increased from 100 to 800, but only for the AMPED Kraber Burn Card.
- Hardpoint Domination scoring changes to promote offense over defense.
- Capturing a hardpoint from 150 to 250
- Assisting in capturing a hardpoint from 75 to 100
- Neutralizing a hardpoint from 50 to 150
- Assisting in neutralizing a hardpoint from 25 to 75
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (nearby) from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (far) from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing an NPC inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Killing a player outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing a player inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50
- Killing an NPC outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Killing an NPC inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10
- Defending a hardpoint now goes from 75 to 25
- CTF scoring changes to promote offense over defense.
- Capturing a flag from 500 to 400
- Returning the flag from 250 to 100
- Killing the flag carrier from 150 to 100
- Fixed an issue where a Titan firing ordnance would not show on the minimap correctly.
- Fixed a rare bug with Pilot health pools that would make them virtually invincible.
- Fixed rare cases where Titans could be called in through solid geometry.
- Titan shields now protect friendly rodeo players from explosion damage (such as from an Arc Cannon).
- Fixed a case where a Pilot could embark a Titan through walls.
- Spitfire LMG and XO-16 firing sounds will no longer sometimes cut off before the gun is finished firing.
- The Archer now locks onto the top of a heavy turret rather than the base of the turret.
- The Archer’s rockets now home in on Titans correctly when those targets are kneeling.
- Fixed shadows incorrectly shimmering on a particular area of Lagoon.
- Fixed Satchel Charges and Particle Walls causing pilots to permanently rodeo other pilots.
- Fixed certain characters not rendering properly in French and other languages.
- Fixed an issue where "Initializing..." would be displayed if a server wasn't found.
- Fixed being unable to scroll to the top of the datacenter list after scrolling down.
- Greatly reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server. People who previously could not progress past the load-screen when connecting to servers should be able to play now.
- Grunts now show up on the minimap when they shoot.
- Fixed issues with Asian fonts.
-nojoycommand-line parameter now disables gamepad input.
- All anti-aliasing modes should now properly be displayed in the video settings menu.
- Fixed graphics corruption and some GPU underutilization for SLI and Crossfire configurations.
- Fixed a crash in the options menu when toggling between Low and Medium shadows.
- Mouse buttons can now be used for voice chat in lobbies.
- Titanfall will no longer override your Windows microphone volume setting when it is launched.
- Fixed the Smart Pistol reticle so it scales properly based on the Field of View setting.
- Fixed crashes on machines with 32 or more cores
- Fixed a rare full-screen blue/red flash.
- Audio should no longer overlap after going to the Xbox dashboard and back into Titanfall.
- Fixed a crash when saying "Xbox go back" on certain menus
This update went live on May 12th, 2014
Custom load-out names - You can now name your custom loadouts for both your Pilot and your Titan.
2 dedicated Custom Loadouts per game mode - Each of these 2 loadouts become unlocked after playing the game mode 5 and 10 times respectively. These loadouts are only available in the game mode they are listed under. In a Private Lobby, all game mode loadouts can be customized. In a match lobby you can only customize the loadouts for the game mode about to be played.
Last Game Summary improvements
- Now shows the last game's scoreboard so you can view it from the lobby after the match.
- Now allows you to filter which challenges are displayed. You can toggle between "Most Progress Made" which was the original behavior, "Completed", or "Almost Complete"
- Challenges in the last game summary screen now show the reward the challenge will give when highlighted.
- Custom Private Match Settings (Beta) - We've added the first round of Custom Match Settings to the Private Match mode, so you can tweak the games you set up for friends and tournaments. More are coming and feedback is welcome. Options include
- Score Limit
- Time Limit
- AI Lethality - Controls how tough and accurate Grunts and Spectres are.
- AI Types - Sets the allowed types of AI from drop pods and drop ships.
- Pilot Health - Gives pilots half, normal, or double health.
- Pilot Ammo - Gives pilots normal or reduced ammo.
- Titan First Build Time – Adjusts how long until players acquire their first titan.
- Titan Rebuild Time – Adjusts how long until players' replacement titans are ready.
- Titan Shield Capacity - Normal, half, double, or disabled.
- Minimap - Turns the HUD minimap on or off.
- Respawn Delay - How long players must wait before spawning in again.
Extra Look Drift Guard - We added a new "High" setting to the "Look Drift Guard" controller option. This is useful for players experiencing and being bothered by view drift on their controllers. Players who prefer the original behavior should set this to "low".
Level Stats - We added a new menu under "Personal Stats" showing statistics per map such as how many times you have played each game mode, or won each game mode. This allows players to easily track the achievement "I've Seen It All" requiring that you play each mode and every map.
Campaign MP - The campaign menu now shows a small trophy icon for each faction for every level that you have won. This will allow easier tracking of which campaign levels you have won for the achievements "Militia Elite Pilot" and "IMC Elite Pilot".
Regen Challenges - We found that some players erroneously believed that the requirement challenges for Regen only became available when they reached level 50. Now, when Regen challenges become available, they are marked as "new" with an exclamation point, so players know they can start progressing on the Regen Requirements.
Amped Weapon pickup distinction - The pickup prompt for Amped Weapons dropped by other players will now show up in orange text.
Scoreboard Icons - We have added two new scoreboard icons to provide additional awareness during play. One is an icon that indicates that a dead player's Auto-Titan is still alive. The other is an icon to differentiate players who have successfully evacuated during the Epilogue.
Extreme frame-rate support - The game now supports refresh-rates up to 144fps.
Audio Installer - The audio file installation step is much faster. No more long wait times.
Scoreboard Controls - Added bindings to mute players from the in-game scoreboard. Defaults: Page Up / Page Down to select, Delete to toggle mute, Enter to view profile
- New chat icon - Added an icon to the scoreboard and lobby screens to show when a player is in Xbox party chat and therefore not part of the game voice chat.
Match win/loss credit - Players are now rewarded win/loss credit at the moment of Victory/Defeat, rather than after the post-game scoreboard period. You also now receive a loss if you leave a match before a winner is determined. Previously you received neither a win nor a loss if you quit before the post-game scoreboard.
Normal Eject - Damage and area of effect has been decreased. Previously, a normal Titan eject caused damage over an unintentionally large area of effect, slightly larger than the circle outlining the statue in Corporate. This has been reduced, and the damage has been reduced as well. This brings the effect in-line with the ejection visual FX. The original intent of the eject explosion damage was to reward an ejecting pilot for accurately anticipating or baiting an enemy Titan into an execution attempt, but the size of the explosion made this too easy.
Nuclear Eject - Now does more damage against Titans. Previously an Atlas with full health could survive a close range Nuclear Ejection. Given the long "tell" that Nuclear Eject has, we decided it is appropriate for it to decimate Titans that are within the blast radius.
Build time - Shooting enemy mega turrets or evacuation drop-ships now rewards you with Titan Build Time or Titan Core Charge Time. You do not get build time for the regular drop ships because they do not hover long enough to make destroying them a reasonable or gameplay-meaningful player objective.
- You can no longer knock a Titan out of its dome shield with Titan melee.
- Auto Titans No longer try to do damage to other Titans if they are in their own dome shield. Previously there were circumstances where this could result in a Titan unintentionally taking damage.
- Now protects Titans against nearby Titanfall splash damage.
- Emp effects - No longer mess up your screen while you are inside dome shield.
MVP - Killing the other team's MVP now gets you 25 points.
CTF Assist points - Players are now awarded Capture the Flag assist points. If you help carry a flag back to base you will receive 100 points as long as the flag was never returned by the other team between you possessing it and your teammate capturing it.
CTF Titan Adjustment - The ability to embark into your Titan with the flag has been removed. You will now need to utilize teamwork and can ride on a teammates Titan with the flag.
Titanfalls - Disabled Titanfall near the evacuation location and stopped Titanfall from doing damage to the drop-ship. Dropping your Titan on the evacuation ship was not an intended behavior
- Improved next game map and mode selection, so the chance of replaying the same map or mode as the last game should be very rare.
- Fixed NPCs not cycling between locations while defending Hardpoints in Hardpoint Domination.
- Fixed Bish / Blisk erroneously broadcasting the capture status of a Hardpoint to players that were out of range.
- Fixed an audio issue where notification dialogue from the *Player's Titan might unintentionally be cut short or fail to play.
- Reduced accidental pilot ability activations from pressing 'A' to respawn when using the "Bumper Jumper" controller config.
- Fixed case where a pilot is rodeoing a Titan, and the Titan pilot ejects and collides with the rodeo'er, resulting in one or both pilots falling abruptly to the ground.
- Fixed unintentional death that resulted from ejecting out of an out of bounds trigger.
- Fixed case where Titan firing weapon while auto-ejecting will cause cloak to cancel.
- Fixed cases where a rodeo'ing player or ejecting Titan pilot can become stuck in a solid object.
- Fixed case in Rise where your Titan would teleport inside a building after you embark.
- Fixed places where a Titan could be unintentionally dropped.
- The Kill Card (the information about what killed you or your Titan) now shows up if you have Auto Eject. Previously it did not.
- Arc Cannon rumble will no longer continue if you disembark while charging the weapon.
- Arc Cannon idle effects will now properly play in all circumstances.
- Pilot weapons will no longer disappear inside the Evacuation drop-ship.
- Fixed a bug where the count on score splashes could be incorrect if the same event had different XP values.
- Kill Cards will now always display the attacker's remaining health. It previously could be pushed off by excessively long names.
- Improved the sounds associated with Electric Smoke to increase awareness for the attacker and victims.
- The Titan VO will no longer incorrectly say you're outnumbered when allies are nearby.
- The missile from the Amped Archer will now play proper whiz-by and impact sounds.
- Improved the sound when Auto-Titans use the XO-16 with the accelerator mod.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed burn cards being awarded during private match. This was not the intended behavior.
- Fixed some weapon and mod names not displaying properly in the weapons menu.
- Fixed private match showing XP after a match even though no XP was earned.
- Grenades will now drop if you're killed before throwing them.
- Fixed a case where AI could be briefly frozen in place.
- Fixed case of multiple Titan drops happening on the same spot at the same time.
- Further reduced the bandwidth used when connecting to a server, for improved load times.
- Improved the view-kick effect when firing the B3 Wingman. Damage and behavior have not changed.
- When you are killed by a Titan execution, you will now be treated to a kill replay that begins about 5 seconds earlier than it previously did, which helps you better understand what were the circumstances of your death.
- Fixed an issue where the "Emitter Limit" audio option was not being saved.
- The "Master Volume" slider no longer affects voice chat volume so they can now be tuned separately.
- Players will no longer have a microphone icon if they do not have a headset plugged in.
Featured Game Mode - We're introducing Featured Game Modes into our playlist rotation. These are game modes that will be available for a limited time only. New Featured Game Modes will be introduced periodically to replace any outgoing Featured Game Mode. Our first Featured Game Mode is Marked For Death, and Wingman Last Titan Standing will follow shortly after.
Marked For Death - A player on each team will be marked for death! Kill the enemy mark while protecting your teammate.
Titan Burn Cards – 14 new burn cards that add amped Titan weapons and enhanced Titan abilities. You won't lose your selected Titan Burn Card if you die as a Pilot, only when you die as a Titan. There is an orange highlight around Titans that have Burn Cards equipped on the Titan Counter HUD and Titans with active Burn Cards have an indicator near their health bars.
Titan Insignias – Want to show off your accomplishments? You can now select from a host of emblems to customize your Titan. Insignias are unlocked by completing challenges but if you've already completed the requirements, that emblem will be ready to use when the update installs. Two emblems come courtesy of Penny Arcade (thanks, PA!) and another recognizes users who completed the "Gooser" challenge the hard way.
Matchmaking - We've made improvements to matchmaking & team balancing. Now, teams are rearranged just before the level loads, to further balance the teams' skill and player counts. You'll notice that you're greyed out in the lobby until teams are set. You'll also notice "Connecting…" as players join a match.
Titan OS Voices – Players now have 3 Titan V.O. options to choose from including the classic "Betty" as well as Jeeves and Lisa.
More Titan OS VO - New helpful warnings and observations from your Titan.
Challenge Tracker – You can now select which challenges you want to work towards and find them easily. You can review your tracked challenges during a match by bringing up the in-game menu.
Lobby Music – The ability turn lobby music on or off.
Updated Menu Art – Menus get a new coat of digital paint with additional art. The Main Menu background movie has been updated as well.
Audio - Killing a Pilot now plays a special sound effect to the killer and unique sounds are played when killing a Pilot or Titan via Titanfall.
Auto-Titans – Your Auto-Titan will now use all Titan abilities. If you've equipped electric smoke, it will deploy electric smoke when it gets rodeo'ed. If you've equipped the particle wall, it will deploy a particle wall when it is under fire.
Rodeo - You now see the name of the Titan you rodeo.
Burn Cards – You'll notice a Triple Burn Card selector on bottom right of the HUD after you die. It's a reminder to use your cards and a convenient way to select them.
Burn Card overflow protection - To protect players who have a full Burn Card deck from losing the opportunity to earn valuable rare Burn Cards, you may now exceed your maximum deck size. However, you must discard down to a legal deck size before you arm new Burn Cards. To make this less obtrusive, the maximum base deck size has been increased from 26 to 46.
Burn Card Deck Limit tied to Gen level – Maximum deck size is increased by 6 cards per gen on top of the base 46 with a maximum of 100 for Gen 10.
Drift Guard - New "Movement Drift Guard" gamepad setting in options.
Unlocks – You'll still be able to unlock the Stryder and Ogre chassis by playing Campaign, but you can also unlock them in normal MP modes. The Stryder will unlock at level 15 and the Ogre at level 30.
Win/Loss Streak – Your win/loss streak for the last 10 matches is now displayed in the lobby over the image of the next map.
Achievements – If you bought the Expedition DLC for Titanfall you have a new set of achievements to unlock by playing the DLC maps.
- Fix for no music playing when you join a match late.
- Fix for Sonar Burn Cards not showing during kill replay.
- Fix case for when "Titan Locking"/"Pilot Locking" indicator goes away.
- Fix not being able to rodeo a Titan doing a synced melee kill.
- Corporate: Restored Victory/Defeat music at end of match in Corporate on Campaign.
- Fix for getting stuck in Titan deploying nuclear core and nuclear core not doing full damage when right next to Titan.
- Fix cases where disembarking player directly from a Titan into the dropship leaves that player behind.
- Fixed players not ejecting from where the Titan is if they dash while auto-ejecting.
- Fix for Flyer ragdolls disappearing.
- Fixed cases where punching would make a Titan fly. You might remember this one from being featured on Kotaku.
- Fixed the Smart Pistol being unable to lock-on when the frame rate is low. (Thanks for reporting this one, forums!)
- Fixed the Smart Pistol not being able to hit crawling Spectres.
- Fixed occasional issue where Titan rodeo kills were not counted towards the Brain Surgeon challenge.
- Fixed a case where player jump jet effects would spawn endlessly.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to necksnap a Pilot who is rodeo'ing a Titan.
- Fixed a crash involving Sonar.
- Fixed being popped into Spectre tubes on Corporate after jumping off from a rodeo.
- Fixed water not fogging properly.
- Fixed cloaked players being too visible in heavy fog.
- Fixed satchels skipping doomed state when set off with smoke.
- Fixed hitching and fast forward motion when game has been running for a long time.
- Fixed tearing happening more often than necessary when running close to 60 fps
- Fixed crashes related to fullscreen mode.
- Game window supports minimize.
- Game minimizes when switched out.
- Added very cheap low-quality water technique for min-spec PCs.
- Fix for issue where going into XBox menus causes 2 music tracks to overlap.
In this update we've made a few changes to Pilot weapons and Big Punch to ensure proper balance. Some weapons, like the Hemlok, were barely being used while other weapons were slightly overpowered. We've done another round of balancing based on feedback we've received from inside and outside of the studio. We'll continue to listen to our community in regards to weapon/game balance and thanks for sharing all of your feedback with us. Here are the changes we've made this time around:
Satchels: Satchel damage has been reduced against Pilots only. They will still kill a Pilot caught close to the center of the explosion, but the fall-off is more severe now, allowing Pilots that are far from the satchel to survive more often than they currently do.
Shotgun: The shotgun now does a little bit less damage at midrange. It was proving to be able to win fights that it should lose when at this range. We also fixed a bug where the cursor would turn red, indicating it will hit an enemy when the enemy was actually outside of the range of the shotgun's max distance.
R101: This weapon was designed to be an all-purpose weapon, and it does that quite well, too well, even. We've slightly adjusted it to make it a bit more uncomfortable to handle and hit targets at long distances. It will kick a bit more when fired but the effects are subtle enough to only be felt at long range. We've also reduced its mag size from 30 to 24. The extended ammo upgrade brings it from 24 to 30 (it used to go from 30 to 40).
R97: While it already had a higher rate of fire than the CAR, the R97 was pretty much inferior in all other ways. We've upped the RoF even higher to make it handle up-close fights better than it did. It also has the fastest time into ADS (aiming down the sights) now. The biggest change, though, is that it now does a lot more damage than it did when rodeo'ing, making it a better choice for Pilots who enjoy taking on a Titan. It is now the second best weapon to use when rodeo'ing Titans (behind only the LMG).
Hemlok: The Hemlok was one of the least popular guns in the game. Its role was intended to be the long-range assault rifle, but it wasn't doing that quite well enough. We've made it so that it is never more than 4 bullets to drop an enemy Pilot (it used to be 5 at long range). The Hemlok will also kick less when fired. The drift when ADSing has also been reduced to allow easier use against long-range targets. The silencer MOD used to take 6 hits to kill an enemy Pilot at long-range, now it is 5.
AMPed Hemlok: The AMPed Hemlok already killed close-range Pilots in 3 bullets, now it will also kill long-range Pilots with 3 bullets.
G2: The G2 now kills Pilots with 3 shots, always. It used to take 4 at range. The G2 has slightly less kick now as well. When the silencer is attached, the G2 will always kill an enemy Pilot with 4 shots whereas it used to be 5 at range. The clip size has been increased when the match trigger attachment is used to give you 12, rather than 8, rounds per magazine.
AMPed G2: The Amped G2 will always kill an enemy Pilot with 2 shots now. It used to take 3 at a distance.
Titan Plasma Railgun: The FOV, while ADSing, has been pulled back some to allow players to keep more of their surroundings in focus. This makes it easier to maintain your "charge" while tracking enemy targets.
Big Punch: We've taken a look at complaints about the Big Punch kit, and decided to adjust it. Big Punch was especially problematic when an Ogre was dealing the punch. It did enough damage to destroy the shields of a Stryder and still do a chunk of damage to the Stryder's permanent health. Spamming Big Punch as an Ogre also let it travel around at speeds higher than intended. As such, we've decided to weaken Big Punch's effects significantly when taken as an Ogre. The Atlas and Stryder didn't need as large of a change, so we've only made small adjustments to Big Punch's effect when applied to the Atlas and Stryder chassis.